Monday, September 28, 2009


I love it when my knitting actually counts for marks that go towards a BFA. I made these mushroom cozies for an assignment about re-imagining urban space, some sort of knit graffiti was my obvious choice. They make great finger puppets too!

Here's the before shot...

And here's the after shot...

They were gone the next day...hopefully they have a nice new home and arn't just sitting in the trash. they were quick n' simple to knit, here's my "pattern" if you can even call it that...

-I used approx. 12 grams of cascade ecological wool per mushroom, knit on US#8/5mm DPNs

CO 16 sts., work K1, P1 rib for 16-20 rows depending on desired size

NR: knit
NR: *K2, m1, rep from * to end of row
knit for 2 rows
NR: *K3, m1, rep from * to end of row
knit for 6 rows
NR: *K2tog, k2, rep from * to end of row
knit 1 row
NR: *K2tog, k1, rep from * to end of row
pull yarn through remaining stitches and pull tight, weave in ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment